Tuesday, January 7, 2014

To all who come to this happy place, Welcome.

Walt Disney World is a tribute to the philosophy and life of Walter Elias Disney... and to the talents, the dedication, and the loyalty of the entire Disney organization that made Walt Disney's dream come true. May Walt Disney World bring Joy and Inspiration and New Knowledge to all who come to this happy place ... a Magic Kingdom where the young at heart of all ages can laugh and play and learn — together.
Roy Oliver Disney, October 25, 1971


Welcome. I have been in love with all things Disney since my first trip to Disney July 4th 1976. I was 2 years old, it was the centennial of the country and my little mind was BLOWN! So much for a 2 year old to take in the penny arcade, the magic shop, the smell of confections in the air. Of everything I saw that first time the parade was most memorable. The parade was awesome, characters that I had only seen in books on television and in my mind were dancing around for my enjoyment.My enjoyment, no one else was there just me those characters and my parents somewhere. Gepetto, Brer Bear, the seven dwarves, those weird big headed patriotic figures, all for me, waving at me, dancing for me I was immersed in Disney forever.I cannot describe the type of joy that walking through that train station fills me with every time I go. My wife says she can see me transform into a child as we pass the attraction posters and enter the main street hub.I have to visit all the spots on Mainstreet U.S.A. as if I am a postman on my daily route. 

I think of this as my family is gearing up to go to the Magic Kingdom for my nieces 2nd birthday. I cannot wait to see the wonder in her eyes. Just the other day my brother told me her favorite princess was Rapunzel, this made my wife and I ecstatic as we had gotten her a Rapunzel and Flynn dolls for her first Christmas and she could have cared less. He said he had walked by her play room and seen her playing with two dolls he had no idea who they were, later he realized that those two dolls were Rapunzel and Flynn. Yay us, another life started on the Disney path. Hopefully she will love Disney as much as me, so we will have a bond for life.

People like me are strange, you say something that has a remote connection to Disney and boom! Like a My Pal Mickey here comes a diatribe of useless information. Even when I am not at the parks or going, I am stalking the web like Johnny 5 for data. So you will get my thoughts, old stories, and new happenings.

This is the type of stuff the blog will be about. Stories, anecdotes, hidden Disney gems, rides that have disappeared or never were. I hope you will enjoy this trip and join me down Walt's rabbit hole. Now Welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Express Monorail, our highway in the sky to the Magic Kingdom. For those of you standing, please hold on to the handrails throughout our journey and stay clear of the doors. For the comfort of others, no smoking please. Thank you.

1 comment: